Monday, October 16, 2017

That's right, I still have a blog. And I still ramble.

In a month and two days I will turn Forty. As my Uncle Dick called it, "Forty and Sporty." I've been wondering recently if I should have a birthday party.


I haven't had many of my own birthday parties. I've attended parties on my birthday, but the main purpose of the party wasn't my birthday, just a nice coincidence. I've had okay birthdays, a few good ones, and lots of shitty ones. But every year I hope that this will be the year I have an AMAZING birthday. I feel like I should celebrate it because 13-year-old Patti never thought I'd reach 40.


I don't know why I want a party...well, no, that's not entirely true. I want to be with all my favorite people who are unfortunately all over the world. I didn't get a wedding and reception to get everyone together, and I'm still a bit angry/sad (sangry?) about that. I feel very disconnected lately, from so many people. From my hometown people,my college people, and so many Army-life people because the Army won't post all of my friends at one post! Now I have a new group of people that I really enjoy getting to know and being with. I'm babbling...


If my life were a TV show (which I may or may not pretend it is sometimes), my 40th birthday would be a one-hour special with flashbacks and would have me actually being surprised by all of the people I want to spend the day with. A weekend-long celebration with food, and games, and just...so much fun. I want to laugh until I cry/pee with so many people and I would love for it to be a real thing (Season 40, Episode 1). Plus, I like presents. More importantly, I miss my people.


Feeling homesick for a period of time is something that you don't really learn about when you're younger; probably because there aren't many periods of time for one to be homesick for. Truth is, I am wicked homesick for so many places/times/people. Lots of things have happened in my life this time of year, and Fall is definitely my most nostalgic season.


But I'm rambling...and I need to shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment