Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Tuesday (sorry, can't think of anything clever.)

Daniel has his music program at school tonight. Tuesday. At 7:30.  From what I have been told by his Para, there is NO organization to this, the 4th graders are supposed to show up DURING the 3rd grade performance, then there will be a guitar hand-off between the 3rd and 4th, they will take to the risers and sing, play recorder, and play guitar. No rehearsal during the day to see how it will work out, nor will the 4th graders be meeting in a classroom or even the hallway to walk in together.  Curt and Mrs. Nehila would NEVER allow such a haphazard production.

Anyway, Tuesdays are Daniel's long day. He has therapy in the morning before school (and today's was tough), then school, then his acting club goes until 5:30. We don't get home until about six and then we have eat dinner, change clothes (Daniel, not us) and go back to his school for a concert that, by my guessing, will be 30 minutes MINIMUM. Also,his meds start to be weaning off during late afternoon/early evening and going into this situation with lots of chaos, and noise....I just don't know.

The more I think about it, the more I want to keep him home. Does that make me a bad mom? Obviously, if he really wants to go I will take him, but I have a feeling that he might be okay with it since yesterday afternoon he was already getting nervous about it.

This part of the Spectrum is hard: He is so talented and loves performing, but the pre-performance anxiety nearly destroys him. *sigh*

2 comments:

  1. I may of forfeited the concert, though I'm sure it would of been a great video. What did you end up doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I picked him up after acting he was pumped to go to the concert. But then we got home, and his friends wanted to play with him. So he decided to skip the concert. I made sure that that is what he wanted because I didn't want him to go to school today and feel any regrets. He woke up kind of mopey today, and he does have music, so Sara (his Para) will be keeping me updated on how that goes.

    ReplyDelete